How can I maintain my certification?
To maintain your certification, you must earn 20
continuing education credits each certification year.
(Note: MES designees only need to earn 15 credits and may use CES credits towards their requirement.)
You can earn credits in any of the following ways:
1. Attending an educational event (i.e. conferences, other in-person events, or online webinars).
Visit our Educational Event Calendar!
2. Completing case studies (free) or other online courses (see LogisticsEI and Gistnet options above).
3. Actively serving on NCBFAA’s committees and task force groups
3. Presenting at an educational event
4. Authoring and reviewing case studies. If you are interested in doing so, please contact the NEI Staff for more information - email@example.com.
What if I have attended an event not approved by NEI for continuing education credits. Can I still receive credit for this event?
Yes, by subject of approval. To submit an event for credit:
1. Complete a Form 100 for each event that you have attended.
2. Submit a program agenda for the event that includes a complete list of topics and timing of each session (if applicable).
3. Submit event and session description.
4. Your submission must be accompanied by an online payment transaction of $25 for each event. Breakout sessions during an event will be an additional $10 per session. An event held two or more times within a calendar year with the same agenda will be charged a one-time fee of $45. Please click here to be redirected to the payment form.
5. Submit Proof of attendance such as certificate of attendance, copy of your registration confirmation letter/email, or letter/email from the event organizer.
I have attended an event approved by NEI for continuing education credits. What do I need to do?
For in-person events, the event organizer typically has an attendance sheet for CCS/CES/MES participants to sign. After completion of the event, the event organizer will submit the attendance sheet to NEI and we will apply credits to our designees' transcripts.
If, however, no attendance sheet was provided, please submit proof of attendance such as a certificate of completion, copy of your registration confirmation, or letter/email from the event organizer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some online events, such as on-demand webinars, the company hosting the event sends us a list of attendees on an on-going basis. If not, we would ask the attendee to send their certificate of completion or copy of registration to the NEI Staff at email@example.com.
How do I know if an event is approved by NEI for continuing education credits?
Most event organizers inform attendees that credit has been approved or is in the process of being approved. In addition, approved events are listed in the Educational Event Calendar.
EVENT ORGANIZERS & EDUCATORS
How can I approve an event for continuing education credit?
To approve an event for continuing education points, please submit the following:
1. Form 100 for each event.
2. Your submission must be accompanied by an online payment of $25 per event. Breakout sessions during an event will be an additional $10 per session. An event held two or more times within a calendar year with the same agenda will be charged a one-time fee of $45. Please click here to be redirected to the payment form.
3. An event program agenda including complete list of topics and timing of each session.
4. Event and session description.
All programs are approved by subject matter experts specializing in the area of import or export depending on the program content. Once the event is approved for CCS and/or CES credit, a confirmation email will be sent out to the event organizer. After the event is approved, an event organizer must post the NEI logo and a continuing education statement next to each approved event.
How often do I approve my events?
Online Courses: Approved once a year unless there is change in content or duration of the course.
Face-to-Face Meetings & Webinars: Approved every time the event is offered to the public.
What do I need to do after any event?
Upon approval of an event, an event number is assigned and a Form 200 is sent to the requesting organization with the top portion filled out. Complete the form, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as an .xls attachment.
Please do not alter the format of the form.
What kind of events are approved for CCS continuing education credit?
Programs that are import related topics directly benefiting Customs Brokers/Customs Import Specialist.
What kind of events are approved for CES continuing education credit?
Programs that are export related topics directly benefiting Freight Forwarders/Export Specialist.