Upcoming NEI Webinar!
Oct. 12: Continuing Education for Customs Brokers – Understanding the Proposed Rulemaking and its Impact
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has issued its Notice of Proposed Rulemaking requiring continuing education for individual customs broker license holders, inviting comments on or before November 9, 2021. The requirement is designed to keep brokers knowledgeable about recent developments in customs and related laws to enhance professionalism and competency within the brokerage community.
In this webinar, NCBFAA leadership will discuss:
- Authority for, and purpose of, the continuing education requirement
- Compliance risks continuing education is designed to address
- Requirements for hours, reporting and recordkeeping
- Types of programs and participation qualifying for credit
- Accreditation of qualifying continuing broker education
- Consequences of failure to report and certify broker education
- Data supporting continuing education and projected costs
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact NEI Director Cecilia Ferrara at email@example.com.