NCBFAA RAC Reaches Out to PGAs on COVID-19
NCBFAA's Regulatory Agencies Committee (RAC) has contacted the leading Partner Government Agencies (PGAs) to offer assistance in getting the word out to the Trade on each agency's ongoing efforts to meet the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis. The RAC message offered: "We invite you to utilize our organization as one more tool for immediate communication with the trade and to work through any problems as they arise."
In addition, the RAC welcomed the agencies' input on the following questions:
- Do you anticipate any interruption in the processing of Import or Export cargo regulated by your agency?
- Do you expect staffing shortages that will delay inspections?
- If a port closes temporarily, how can a shipment be rerouted to another port?
- If we have a "May Proceed" in ACE and the cargo is subsequently diverted by the carrier to another port, Will the "May Proceed" still stand, or will we need to notify the agency?
- If we have cargo destined to a Fish & Wildlife Service-designated port and the cargo is diverted to a non-FWS port, what do we do?
- Is there any other information that you would like to broadcast to the trade?
For all NCBFAA members, please let us know if you experience specific processing issues with any of the PGAs in the coming weeks.