Upcoming NEI Webinars
February 21, 2019
1 - 2 p.m. ET
For Exporters, Freight Forwarders, and other members of the Supply Chain, the maze of regulations governing Export Compliance can be difficult to navigate. This free webinar will explain this topic in easy-to- understand, plain language, including:
- Why Export Compliance Controls apply to your business
- How to determine whether your business falls under EAR, ITAR, and/or country-specific sanctions
- The monetary, legal, and criminal consequences of failing to meet Export Compliance standards
- How IT factors into your business's compliance
Presented by compliance and audit experts from Cohen, Seglias, Pallas, Greenhall, and Furman PC, export control experts from Commonwealth Trading Partners, Inc., and technology experts from Computer Technologies Consultants, Inc., this webinar is essential viewing for any business that deals in handling foreign-bound goods. Don't wait, sign up today!
- CBP Enforcement: A Primer on Liquidated Damages, Penalties, Detention & Seizures
March 7, 2019
12 – 1 p.m. ET
The ever-changing trade environment requires importers to keep informed on the various tools U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) can employ to enforce violations. For example, we will discuss:
- How 19 U.S.C. 1592 penalties are used as a repercussion when importers do not meet their responsibility to use "reasonable care" when declaring the classification, valuation, country of origin and use of duty preference programs for merchandise upon entry to the U.S. We will discuss the difference between negligent, gross negligent, and fraudulent violations.
- The background on Wood Packing Material (WPM) penalties issued by CBP.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) penalties issued by CBP pursuant to 19 U.S.C. 1526(F).
- How FDA and CBP work together to issue CBP Liquidated Damages claims for failure to export or destroy FDA refused merchandise within 90 days pursuant to 19 C.F.R. 141.113 and 21 U.S.C. 381.
- The TOP reasons for merchandise to be detained by CBP, and best practices during a CBP detention and seizure case.
Join this important webinar, presented by experts from Diaz Trade Law, to learn best practices recommended by a customs expert on how to avoid or respond to various CBP enforcement actions! Don't wait, register now!