BIS Holding “Complying with U.S. Export Controls” Seminar
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) will be holding a two-day program to provide an in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and cover the information exporters need to know to comply with U.S. export control requirements on commercial goods.
During the seminar, BIS will focus on:
- What items and activities are subject to the EAR
- Steps to take to determine the export licensing requirements for your item(s)
- How to determine your export control classification number (ECCN)
- When you can export or reexport without applying for a license
- Export clearance procedures
- Record keeping procedures
- Real life examples in applying this information
Presenters will conduct a number of "hands-on" exercises that will prepare you to apply the regulations to your own company's export activities. This program is well suited for those who need a comprehensive understanding of their obligations under the EAR. Technical, policy, and enforcement professionals from BIS, as well as specialists from other agencies such as the Bureau of the Census, will participate.
The event begins on November 14 and takes place at the Holiday Inn located in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey. To register for the event, please click here.