|Upcoming NEI Webinars
- Exporting Mechanics Webinar Series: Export Administration Regulations
- The NCBFAA Educational Institute, in cooperation with the Office of Digital Initiatives at the Department of Commerce, invites you to attend a webinar on Export Administration Regulations on January 9 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET. In this webinar, exporters will learn about Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the General Prohibitions, country groups, license exceptions, country control lists, indexes as well as other definitions. They will also learn about the Bureau of Industry (BIS) license requirement and the U.S. government tools that are available. This webinar is for the beginner or new to exporting U.S. small and medium-size business. NCBFAA and the Office of Digital Initiatives at the Department of Commerce are working closely together to offer this webinar. It will be hosted on mymeetings; please view system requirements here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact NEI Director Cecilia Ferrara.
- CBP Audits - Who’s That Knocking at My Door?
- Shock! Dismay! Dread! Being notified of an upcoming Customs audit is first and foremost an emotional experience. Rarely does one expect Customs to come knocking on their door. Yet contrary to popular belief, there are things you, the importer, can do to lessen your liability and ensure a more favorable outcome. Join us as we bust some of the most common myths surrounding Customs audits and share the best strategies for surviving one. During this January 10 1 to 2:30 p.m. ET webinar, presented by Robert Stein and Jim Trubits of Mohawk Global Trade Advisors, you will learn:
- The different types of Customs audits
- How to tell if an audit is coming (we'll share the top warning signs)
- What Customs is looking for during an audit
- What legal rights you have during the audit process
- Where most companies go wrong
- What to expect on the day of the audit and how to prepare
- Your company's basic responsibilities under U.S. import regulations
- The core components of an effective import compliance program
- How to use self-evaluations to measure your import compliance rate
- How Customs applies penalties and what they could cost your organization
- What to do when you find mistakes and how to report them
- You don't want to miss this webinar - register now!