|Upcoming NEI Webinar
- NEI Presents HTS Classification - Tariff classification is an area of high exposure for importers. This webinar will help you understand and classify your items under the harmonized tariff schedule. During this April 19 webinar 1 to 2 p.m. ET and presented by Olga Torres of Torres Trade Law, you will learn to:
- Develop classification strategies
- Master legal classification concepts
- Structure of the HTS
- Best strategies to ensure classification compliance
- NEI Covers False Claims Act - During this webinar, Ms. Braumiller and Ms. Wirskye will be discussing the government's increased use of the False Claims Act (FCA) in customs cases. The FCA has been used in this area and this is expected to continue under the new administration. They will present an overview of the act and discuss recent cases. They will also discuss the government's new mandate regarding holding individuals responsible in FCA cases. Finally, they will discuss proactive measures companies and individuals can take to help avoid an administrative customs matter from escalating into a FCA case. Register now for this April 27 1 to 2 p.m. ET webinar.