Why Become an NCBFAA Affiliated Association?
Affiliate Association membership in the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA) provides the opportunity for regional, local and state associations of customs brokers, licensed ocean freight forwarders, international air cargo agents and non-vessel operating common carriers located within the limits of the United States, its possessions and territories to join a National organization in order to gain a larger voice in the Transportation Industry arena, work with other local associations, and provide a grassroots communication venue between the NCBFAA and local members intimately involved in the day-to-day activities and issues at the port level.
But, even more importantly, THERE IS NO NATIONAL ASSOCIATION WITHOUT ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE AFFILIATED ASSOCIATIONS. For it is from the ranks of these Affiliated Associations members and leaders that the National draws its volunteer leadership team. Although membership in the local associations is not a prerequisite to national elective office, an individual would be hard pressed to win election without the backing of the local associations.
Benefits of belonging to the Association known as the Voice of the Industry include:
- Active involvement in the nomination and election of the national association’s leaders
- Tools to assist the local association with governance, operations, membership, strategic planning, legal issues and other Association management areas by a certified association executive (CAE) at NCBFAA HQ
- Password protected access to internationally acclaimed association management website for your President to utilize
- Membership in the Affiliated Presidents Network (APN):
- Two face-to-face meetings a year (at the NCBFAA Annual Conference and the Government Affairs Conference) with speakers discussing topics from running an Association to industry issues
- Monthly calls with other local associations to discuss issues affecting local ports, managing your association, legal issues and overall collaboration
- Access to APN page on NCBFAA website which includes pipeline information from local ports across the country
- Listing in APN Profiles in Partnership in the annual NCBFAA Membership Directory
- Opportunities to market your Association (members) to the attendees of the NCBFAA Annual Conference in the APN Exhibit booth
- Opportunity for your local members to advertise on the APN Port Services page, open to companies that provide RLF services. Local associations receive money back on any ads placed.
- Discount for one NCBFAA Regular Member first time attendee to attend annual Spring and Fall NCBFAA Conferences
- Listing in NCBFAA Membership Directory under Profiles in Partnership
- Access to NCBFAA committees and legal counsel
- Discounts to NCBFAA education webinars and courses for authorized local industry related meetings
As you can see, NCBFAA Membership provides a great opportunity for your local association to work closely with the NCBFAA and other industry related local associations around the country. From finding out what forms you need to provide to your board to how an issue was dealt with at another port, membership in the NCBFAA is vital to your organization and your best route to success.
If you have any questions about the NCBFAA or the APN, please contact the NCBFAA at 202-466-0222 or email@example.com.
barbara reilly, CAE
NCBFAA Executive Vice President